You can use our Services to build any document (quizzes, surveys, polls, calculators, events ) and send out to takers. Below we describe what types of data or information we may collect through our Services and our practices for collecting, using, protecting, and disclosing it as it pertains to both documents creators and document takers.
We collect information directly from you when you submit it in connection with our Services. Some of this information allows you to be personally identified (such as your name, email address, payment information, etc. which is provided in order to open an account) (“personal information”). Other information you provide is the content to be included as part of your survey or quiz (“survey content”).
We also collect usage information automatically when you use our Services. This includes what webpages you visit on our site, what you click on, as well as device information such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type and version. Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers and those log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses. We may also access metadata and other information associated with files that you upload into our Services, such as images. If you arrive on our Site from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
Our Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content on our Services and verifying system and server integrity).
In addition, certain third parties, such as analytics companies, may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you when you use our Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to: • Identify who you are, including both identification and authentication.
• Provide you the Services and any other information that you request from us.
• Provide you with information about your account, including renewals and changes in
Services or your account status.
• Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered
into between you and us, including for billing and collection. • Improve our Services.
• Provide you with customer support.
• Market to you other products and services that we offer (you may always opt out of these communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the
bottom of every communication).
• To process transactions
• Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to better understand usage patterns. It also permits us to store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
Every time when we are talking about “documents” means that all youengage products or services (eg. quizzes, surveys, polls, calculators, events ). Youengage is used by document creators (people who create and conduct any type documents) and documents respondents (people who answer those documents). The information we receive from survey creators and survey respondents and how we handle it differs.
If You create documents (quizzes, surveys, polls, calculators, events ):
• Your documents data is owned by you. Not only that, but youengage treats your documents as if they were private. We don’t sell them to anyone and we don’t use the documents responses you collect for purposes unrelated to you or our services, except in a limited set of circumstances (e.g. if we are compelled by a subpoena, or if you’ve given us permission to do so).
• We safeguard respondents’ email addresses. We don’t sell these email addresses and we use them only as directed by you and in accordance with this policy. The same goes for any email addresses collected by your projects or events. We hold your data securely.
If You answer documents:
• Are your responses anonymous? This depends on how the document creator has configured the project or event. Contact them to find out.
We will not sell your content or personal information. Your content is owned by you and you choose with whom to share your documents. We provide you a link to your documents and how you share this link is up to you. Anyone with access to the link will have access to your content until you delete it. We limit our own access to your content. Only our administrators and customer/technical support managers have access to your content. Our staff will not access your content, grant access to third parties or otherwise disseminate your content. If there is a request for support, or if you hire our consulting services, then the person assigned to the request may log into your account for the purpose of troubleshooting and correcting the reported issue or performing the requested task.
In the following limited situations, we may disclose information that we collect or that you provide to us:
• To our contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are obligated to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• In an aggregated or anonymized format where no individual can be identified or linked to any part of the information.
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to a governmental or regulatory request.
• To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and for billing and collection.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, sale or transfer of some or all of youengage assets.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
You can review and change your personal information by visiting your account settings. We want to keep your information accurate and up to date. If your information changes (like a new email address or updated payment information), then you’re responsible for notifying us of those changes. Our Services require username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. We won’t resend forgotten passwords. We’ll only help you to reset them. We generally retain your data for as long as you have an account with us, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. You can delete your content/ documents at any time. Deleting your content may not immediately remove the content you have published from our systems, because of caching, backups, or other references to your account.
We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware,
software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run our Services. To protect your information, our credit card processing vendor uses the latest 128Rbit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for secure transactions. Our vendor is certified as compliant with card association security initiatives, like the Visa Cardholder Information Security and Compliance (CISP), MasterCard® (SDP), and Discovery Information Security and Compliance (DISC). Our Services require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party.
Unfortunately, nobody is truly and completely safe from hackers. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee security. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, we will notify you as soon as possible and report the action we took in response.
The user will be properly informed and the most current version will always be available to the user on this Website.